Monday, January 25, 2010

How it all began

When I got married I weighed about 115 pounds and felt like I was in pretty good health and was happy with the way I looked. After two kids I weighed nearly 200 lbs!!! Now, I currently weigh 158 pounds and don't feel so good about myself. I've tried doing the Special K diet and my husband and I tried P90X and the diet that went along with that and also did Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred Video and loved that. I lost 12 pounds in 30 days by doing her workouts. But, I knew I could do more. I just didn't know how. Which is what got me to where I am today.
I started reading a book by Jillian Michaels called Mastering Your Metabolism. I am not a reader, in fact, I can't remember the last time I sat down to actually read a book and I am sooo hooked on this one and I'm ready to change my life and get healthy and lose weight and feel great. It's not going to be an easy task for someone who loves food and making it.
What I've learned so far...
1. If it doesn't have a mother or doesn't grow in the ground, don't eat it!
2. Protein bars contain a lot of crap!! Seriously, look at the ingredients...lots of stuff you can't pronounce = crap!
3. ANYONE can lose weight and stay that way, no matter what your metabolism is...metabolism can ALWAYS be reset.

I will be taking pictures during my journey and sharing what I've learned about myself and how to reset my metabolism.

3 comments:

  1. I have read Jillians other books and they are AWESOME. You should really check out my sister blog. She is a personal trainer and nutritionist and is seriously AMAZING!! She keeps up on all the latest medical testing for weight loss and nutrition and has read every book out there. You need to read her bio, she LOVES to eat and cook too and has now transformed her life and she shares workouts, tips, recipes and everything... anywho... check it out. http://leanbodieshf.com/

    Good luck. I know how hard it is to lose weight. So does my sister. Hats off to you to take control. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am totally with you. I need to get back in shape before I have another baby, I have not done a good job of staying healthy. I am excited for your tips and advise, I need it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so happy for you Jen! I'm excited to see you doing something for YOU! Its hard bein a mom and always taking care of everyone else. When I lost weight recently, I realized how much better I felt about myself. In turn, I was a better wife and mom. So, hats off to you and your new adventure. I LOVE how you post recipes. I'll have to try some. And, I think I should read that book too. Go YOU!

    ReplyDelete