Friday, January 29, 2010

Some more that I've learned

Now some of the stuff in this book is a little extreme in my opinion. Jillian suggests eating ALL organic. Having a husband in medical school does not allow for that. But, there are some things that are doable. Costco does carry some things that are organic. I got organic apples that I think are pretty reasonable in price and they are super good.
My meals yesterday:
Breakfast: oatmeal and 2 eggs
Lunch: Apple and a chicken breast ( I used the rotisserie from Costco...easy and yummy)
Dinner: Teriyaki chicken and fruit salad and chips and salsa. This meal was not the BEST example. We had company last night. But, really it wasn't too bad. I just tried to not eat too many chips. A better option would've been a corn tortilla with unlimited salsa!
Have you tried turkey bacon? It is actually pretty tasty! It has a little bit different texture but overall, I like it. This morning I had a 1/2 of a whole wheat bagel, 2 eggs and 2 pieces of turkey bacon. Very yummy.
This week I have lost a pound which doesn't seem like much but I have been stuck at the same weight for a long time so it's progress in the right direction.
I haven't exercised too much this week. Probably a total of 2 hours the whole week. I need to do better at that next week.
Need a recommendation for a workout video? I LOVE 30 Day Shred by Jillian. It's a total of 26 minutes which is totally doable in my schedule and there are 3 levels. So, you can start with the beginner and work your way up. It's not the easiest workout and it was hard for me when I first started it, but after a week to a week 1/2 I was moving to level two.
Jillian is all about circuit training. Which is 2 min strength, 2 min cardio and 1 min abs repeated 3 times. Great and effective.

2 comments:

  1. YAY for your 1 lb weight loss! Good for you girl. I know eating all organic is just so super expensive. Nephi and I only eat turkey bacon too. I think its really good and not nearly as greasy. Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you! I have been exercising good and eating right. This year I have really had it. I am with you girl. This is so hard. We can do it!! p.s. I LOVE peanut butter too! Had to get a better bottle of it too myself. We tried turkey sausage the other night and if I would have kept my mouth shut no one would have even noticed. I couldn't believe the fat content in regular pork sausage. This time it has really hit me how many calories and sugar are in things and it is gross! I looked at the 30 day shred and wondered if it would be similar to the other 9 biggest loser videos that I had so I didn't buy it. Keep posting!!

    ReplyDelete